Honey rolls..I made it couple of week ago to go with roasted chicken.I find making bread or rolls or any of those bread kinda thing very intimidating.Something about ‘Yeast’ and proofing and bread lingo,I thought it is something I will always buy at the shop.
Over the years,I have gotten very accustomed to reading labels,ingredients in whatever I buy and research what I don’t understand in their label or keep away from it.So there are at least 20+ ingredients in one loaf of regular sandwich bread,I buy at supermarket store,most of them are hard to read long chemical agent names, that’s when I started warming up to the idea of making my own bread for our family .It has may be 5 ingredients ,most all in my pantry already.
I am nowhere near being good at it, sometime it works sometime it miserably fails but I keep trying different recipes.This time I tried this Honey Rolls Recipe .Mine doesn’t look nearly as good as the pictures but I will post it anyway.
I didn’t tweak any ingredients but based on my past experiences,i did tweak the timings.
- I added the milk slowly until the consistency was just right while mixing the dough.Many times i have used less liquid then recipe calls for.
- I used Kitchen Aid stand mixer to mix the dough.
- I prefer King Arthur Flour Unbleached for baking.
- I let the first rise happen for little over and hour.
- Second rise for another hour.
- In future i would take the rolls out when it is just lightly brown.I used convection in my oven while baking.
- While adding the honey butter on the top,some of them seeped down and burn the bottom of some of the rolls.