Baked French Toast
I have a confession today.
I am not a big breakfast eater.I know i know,you are saying “Breakfast is the most important of the meal of the day.”I agree with you 100%.Here is the irony.I LOVE LOVE breakfast but i am too lazy to make them every morning.Yes,’make them’.I do not like most of the stuff which comes packaged.You know what i am talking about?I like hot breakfast,the kind my mom used to make for us but it is time consuming.I am SO GLAD that my family loves cereal.Could you have imagined my plight if they demanded hot breakfast every morning.Phew.
So what i am having this morning for breakfast?
Jamaican roast coffee would have been my answer but may i add with baked french toast to go with it 🙂
My hot breakfast solution
I have not reached the complete solution yet but making progress at small pace.I am experimenting with making the breakfast which i like ahead of time and freezing it in small portion.Some do better then other in freezing.Microwave it when it is time to eat.Let me tell you,baked French Toast tastes great,even after freezing and microwaving.Anything which can be done without turning the stove and oven on,is what will make a cut for my breakfast solution.I will keep you posted.
I followed pioneer woman recipe for this but made it little more richer.Is that even possible?
- If you are afraid of heavy cream, sugar and butter,then stop reading it further.I used all heavy cream because it was going to get bad otherwise.Good excuse.Besides i am not chowing it down all day long.So i don’t see harm in sweet indulgence here and there 🙂
- I love mine with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries.My husband loved his with maple syrup,so did my daughter.My son loved strawberries more then the toast itself.He will get better !
- It freezes well.GREAT DEAL for me.I cut it in squares,wrapped individually and froze it.In the morning,i just microwaved it.Easy peasy.
- As much as i like cooking,morning is not a best time for me to be in the kitchen,so casserole style french toast works better then standing by the stove making it.It tastes just as good.
- Did i mention,how divine my kitchen smelled while baking it?Apple pie spice is wonderful.
- I like mine crusty and not soft like bread pudding texture,since it is a casserole and not traditional French toast.So i baked it longer.It firms up as it sits,so it is even better next morning.