Cheesy Chicken and rice
I was having friend over for playdate,so i knew we will chat up the entire day.At the end of the fun day,I don’t wanted to stand and cook the dinner.So I faithfully remembered my slow cooker for dinner rescue.My family likes chicken and rice based casserole and decided to give a slow cooker spin to casserole.My dish is based on this Cheesy Chicken Recipe . I tweaked couple of things.
- Used Basmati Rice instead but I have to say,i would prefer plumpy medium-long grain rice instead of long-pointed Basmati for texture sake.
- I also added a tablespoon of Green Thai Curry powder.
- I had 1 chicken breast and 2 bone-in skinless thighs for this dish.Of course bone falls off once it is all cooked,so no trouble fishing it out.
- Used Cream of Mushroom,which made the dish paler looking then in the original recipe picture.So may be next time I will add Turmeric if I am not using Cream of Chicken Soup.
- You can make your cream of mushroom,chicken , whatever you prefer.I go to shortcut.
I served it with garlic flavored sauteed Broccoli.