Chicken Pakoda meal
‘Chicken Pakoda’ with a twist or Chicken Patties as you can call it.Spring is here and i wanted something light and easy for the dinner.So looking into my freezer,i noticed Ground chicken.I have used ground chicken in different ways and forms as Ragu ,meatballs,logs.So this time i wanted to change it up a little and thought to make Pakoda out of it.
Well,’Pakoda’ are Indian snacks,usually made with finally chopped vegetables,mixed with spices,bound together with lentil flour and fried in hot oil,served with evening tea.So i applied the same concepts with chicken but left the lentil flour out from the equation.Why?Because chicken sticks together unlike veggies,which needs something extra to hold them together.Also i didn’t fry them just cooked them slowly in little oil,at home that’s how my mom made ’pakodi most of the times .Depending on the size of the ‘Patties’,it is called differently.Small patties are called ‘Pakodi’ and big patties are called ‘Pakoda’.Ok enough talking,so let me tell you how i made it.
- I have always used pan to cook it but i don’t see why it can not be baked in oven,just spray the patties with oil before baking at 350F.
- You do not need two kinds of dip to serve it with.Whichever one you are in a mood for, go for that.My husband is not very fond of yogurt based dips but me and my kids like both.I was in a mood for yogurt based dip,so i made it,since this literally takes a minute.
- You can use your choice of ground meat.Its a highly customizable dish.
- You can use Pita bread and add some sliced cucumber,chopped tomatoes and give it a mediterrean twist.
- You can season the chicken with your choice of seasoning and match the sauce accordingly.