Chicken Tikka Kebab
One of the most popular dish known to non-Indians.I don’t remember eating it growing up.’Tikka’ is basically hindi for ‘chunks’/’patty’,in this case it is chunks of chicken.’Kebab’ has middle eastern origin.Basically skewered meat,grilled over open fire.
It was brought to India by Moguls.It was served to Indian royals in old days and was enjoyed by commoners alike.Marinated meat in blend of spices,skewered and grilled to perfection in clay oven,served with Naan is mouth watering affair.Even now the places like Lucknow, Hyderabad which have been home to Mogul Nawabs(means ‘kings’ in ‘Urdu’) are known to have best Non-Vegetarian dishes.Some of the best Kebab,Biriyani and who knows many other meat dishes alike are prepared by the cooks around there. Here is how i made mine in easiest of the way.
|Chicken Tikka Kebab||
- 2 Chicken breast cubes
- 2-3 Tbl yogurt
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Marinade the chicken with rest of the ingredients for 2 hrs – overnight.
- Soak the bamboo sticks for 30 mins prior to cooking.
- Heat the grill/cast iron pan.Heat some oil.Skewer the meat.
- Cook the chicken at medium-high until its browned and done both sides.
- Serve it with Nan and Raita.
- You can alternate the chicken cubes with bell pepper/mushroom.If i use it for Chicken Tikka Masala,i leave the veggies out.
- You can buy the pack of garam -masala at Indian stores.