Chocolate Chip Walnut cookies
What comes in your imagery,if i ask you about chocolate chip cookies?
I think of soft and chewy cookie.Some might say crunchy.
Chocolate chip cookies are quintessential American dessert and yes we do like the Nestle Toll house chocolate-chip cookies.But what prevents me from making it often is the amount of sugar and butter that goes in this yummilicous dessert and what makes it even more sinful is our lack of control in eating it.We don’t just stop after one,we keep eating it.Are you like us?I hope not.
So i was thrilled to try this recipe for chocolate chip cookies.Why i like ..NO…i LOVE this recipe ?
- It uses Oat flour,instead of wheat.I am all for whole wheat but i do prefer Oat over any kind of Wheat if you ask me,particularly in cookies.
- I don’t keep oat flour in hand.I just ground the old fashioned oats in spice grinder to make the flour.Yes i did run the spice grinder with rice,bread and baking soda to get the smell of spices out before grinding oats 🙂
- It does NOT have eggs.My brother is allergic to eggs and always complains that he can’t make many of my food.So this is for you brother !
- I used raw coconut crystals.One of my friend,Stacey,has handed this to me to use with my food experiment ! It looks like pulverized Jaggery. I had never used it before but thought how bad it will be?Its sweet.Its cookie and we are the guinea pigs 🙂
- I preferred Turbinado over white sugar.
- Cookies came out soft and chewy but not as chewy as traditional kind.It was being eaten quickly.So next time i will definitely make couple of batches and keep it frozen
- As far as nuts, my family is not fond of nuts.My son picks out ‘things’ from the cookies.So i coarsely ground the 1/4 cup walnuts and added to the flour.