Cilantro Cumin Rice
Inspiration for this rice came from one of my favorite fast food mexican joint here called ‘Chipotle’.I flavored it tad bit differently,though I only have faintest idea of how ‘Chipotle’ prepare theirs ‘Cilantro Lime’ rice.This is how mine came about.
|Cilantro Cumin Rice||
- 1.5 cup of rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 Table spoon of oil
- Handful of cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbl Roasted ground cumin
- 3-4 Tbl Butter
- Juice of 1/2 medium size lemon
- Salt to taste
- On the party day,I made rice in crock pot.I cooked it at high for little over 1 and half hour.It was done perfectly.On the regular day,I make it on stove top.It takes about 20 mins.
- Adding 1 table spoon of oil,helps rice from sticking.
- Add cilantro,cumin,butter,salt,lemon juice to cooked rice and mix it.
- Enjoy it hot with side dish!
- Usually when you make anything in crock pot,you use significantly less water.However,with rice you must stick with popular 1:2 ratio.1 part rice to 2 part water.I add 1/4 cup more to it at times,just the habit.
- Though I have cooked rice successfully in crock pot now.I do not think ‘rice’ is a good candidate for slow cooker.It cooks fast.So it can not be left for cooking from dawn to dusk unlike other crockpot dishes.However,if you are gonna be at home,it’s not a bad idea.
- Cumin is one of my favorite spice and I love the flavor roasted cumin adds to the rice.
- I didn’t have lime,so I used lemon.