What is your kids favorite snack?
We have a long list and one in that list is Applesauce.Both of my kids love applesauce.In fact,this particular applesauce went by so fast,it was surprising to me 🙂
I often make applesauce at home.Quite effortless i may add.
This time,i decided to try my friend Melissa‘s applesauce recipe.I usually make it plain.So it was bit of a change to try her fragrant applesauce recipe 🙂
How to make it?
- You can peel and core the apple before you set it to cook.If you do this,you will have beautiful mess in your kitchen.Apple ribbons anyone?
- Or You can leave the peel on like me,because one,I don’t own a apple peeler,two,i am lazy and three,the most important one, i can fully justify that eating extra fiber does not hurt.If you are leaving the peel on,,i would suggest to use organic apples,well washed.
- You can make applesauce in couple of ways.Over the stove top.Baking in the oven.Like Melissa did.
- Or my lazy easy way.Letting it cook in slow cooker.
- Now slicing the apple,you can slice the apple thinly and uniformly.Meticulous..
- Or you can make apple flowers by using trusty apple slicer.I guarantee you it will not be uniformly sliced.
- Melissa’s secret ingredient is “Vanilla”!
Point is no matter which way you use,end result is equally DELICIOUS.
How do i use Applesauce?
- Seems no brainer.You can eat applesauce as it,which is the most popular way to use, in our house anyway.
- You can also eat with bread and biscuit as a side dish.
- I have made whole wheat applesauce pancakes.Very yummy.
- Applesauce makes good granola and oat drops.
- I have used applesauce in baking brownies, applesauce bread etc.
- This carrot cake’s original recipe asks for applesauce too.
- Applesauce granita is loved in our house during summer.
So here is my slow cooker version of Melissa’s baked applesauce recipe.