Honey Cornmeal Muffins
This past week have been insanely busy for us and we are not even playing sports.I love fall and i get caught up in fall frenzy projects.So last Friday i was scouring the streets of the city for burlaps.Yes I love burlaps.Earthy,not so chic burlaps.During this burlap spree,i found out that
- In every two-three week that i visit city,new road construction,road repair and enhancements starts somewhere on the route,i will go through.
- I have a knack for getting stuck into the traffic,like in a lane where 18 wheeler,evidently did not take the turn at an angle correctly and was stuck.
- Gas prices varies by block by block and yes i have developed the penchant for noticing 2 cents drop in gas prices.
- Cutting a burlap is an art which i really wished,all store fabric cutting folks would have mastered it.
- You should take a physical small piece of fabric/burlap you are trying to match,so you are not trying to match it against the image that is imprinted in your brain.
Once i did finally got all my paraphernalia ,i just HAD to make this wreath.I know i am bit crazy.I will not tell you what my husband said,when i asked his opinion about it…nonetheless,it is hanging at our door and hopefully will survive the fall without wear and tear,pulling and swinging.
This past weekend was also the fundraiser fair at our daughter’s school.I ABSOLUTELY love these events,so you know i HAD to go and stay WHOLE TIME and we did.My husband got worried at one point when he find out that i am bidding in silent auction.I had to convince him that i was bidding on only selected few items,which i did not even win.
I knew how that day will be for me,so i got up bit early then my Saturday wake up call and decided to make cornmeal muffins which we like.It sorta taste like corn bread but i will stick with the name i have found the recipe with.I tweaked the recipe little bit.
- Switched the whole wheat white flour for all purpose.
- cut the sugar by 1/4 cup and used Turbinado sugar instead
- cut the butter by 2 tablespoons.
- Muffins were still sweet enough for all of us and moist as well.