You know people engage themselves in different hobbies to give a time out to their brain from one set of things.That was the state of mind i had on a particular morning.It was very windy and unusually cold around here despite of being sunny day.My day was going good ,though could have been better.As i was checking the tweets,i saw the tweet about Mango bread from saveur.Mango being one of my favorite fruit,it is a mystery why i never attempted to make one.So i wasted no time and got started on this.
My kitchen was filled with sweet aroma of mango mingled with cardamom.I followed the recipe from here with minor tweaks.
- I used Whole Wheat White flour instead of Whole Wheat Pastry.
- I reduced the amount of sugar(coconut sugar) since my mango pulp was already sweetened and i think i could have gotten by not adding sugar at all.
- You can make your own mango pulp too.You will have to increase the amount of sugar depending on how sweet your mangoes are.
- Mango and Cardamom go hand by hand,so i would suggest not to skip it.However if you don’t keep cardamom,you can use vanilla.
- I like this recipe because its egg-less and those with egg allergy,like my brother,can eat this too.
This bread was gone very quickly.In half a day 🙂