My son’s favorite Salad
I had no idea that my almost 3 year old son would like this salad,but i served him anyway and he kept asking for more.So goes the name 🙂 .Hope it doesn’t change with time ! I make Black beans,Corn salad a lot during summer.It is my go-to salad to serve along with any dish during this time of the year.Most of the time,i have all ingredients in my pantry or fridge anyway,so it is easy to whip it in a jiffy.So this is how i make it.
|My son’s favorite Salad||
- 1 15Oz can of Black Beans rinsed
- 1 15Oz can of Corn kernels drained
- Handful of chopped Cilantro
- 1 tomato,deseeded and chopped
- 1/4-1/2 of Lemon/Lime juice
- Chopped Jalpeno(optional)
- Handful of chopped scallions(optional)
- Avacado (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and and mix it together.
- If you are adding avocado,add it before you are going to serve it or make sure it is juiced up with lemon/lime and have no contact with air.It oxidizes and turns brown which is not very appetizing,though taste remains the same.
- Chill it for 30 mins – 1 hr and let the ingredients talk and mingle with each other.
- I wrote Avacado optional b/c i don’t have it in hand always but i don’t want that to stop me from making it.I LOVE LOVE to add avacado if i have it.It is good for you.
- You can use regular onions but i prefer scallion or shallot,because they are milder in taste and does not overwhelm this delicate dish.
- You can do 1 to 1/2 ratio of Corn and Black beans,depending on what you like.My daughter picks bean for herself and leaves the rest out.
- You can also use Cannelloni Beans but it tends to very fragile,so be careful while mixing it.You can use Garbanzo/chick peas and Kidney beans,if you like the hardi-ness of it.To me,they are too meaty for this dish.