Parsley Pesto Rotini
So last night i prepared Shrimp scampi.I usually serve it with spaghetti but i was out of it.However,i didn’t let that stop me.I looked into what other pasta i had in hand.Curly multi grain Rotini.Great i thought.This is my daughter’s favorite,pasta lover of our house.
- I used the same pan,i cooked the shrimp scampi, so pasta gets all goodness leftout of bits and pieces from scampi.Evidence is in the not so clean pan!
- You can use pasta of your choice.I do add salt to pasta while boiling.So watch out for salt before you add more.Add a tablespoon of butter for richness if you want while tossing it with pesto.I let is soak into the olive oil from pesto.
- I absolutely love the visual grape tomatoes give.It looks like red jewel tucked in green.
- I also stirred pasta and pesto slowly at low heat in the pan for 2 mins may be.It may sounds weird to you but i don’t like the ‘green’ smell of parsley,so this slow stirring process takes away that ‘green fragrance’ for me.But you can get by just tossing the pasta and pesto,right after you get the pasta out from the water and enjoy it as it is.Uh…tongue twister..pasta ..pesto !
- Squeeze of lemon juice in this case was to balance out the ‘over saltiness’ mistake i made.Though i think lemon freshens up the dish too.
- Feta cheese would be the choice of cheese if it is only me and my daughter are eating but boys in this house say it is ‘smelly cheese’ .I didn’t had Feta in hand,so we went with safe and salty Parmesan.Didn’t i just squeeze lemon to cut down the saltiness?May be it cut too much..ha!