This past week have been very busy for us.End of the school year and life as it happens.One of my go to meal to cook during those busy day is pasta salad.I have made this time and again.This is also my go-to meal to take for pot luck and i am in a time crunch.It is time tested and always well liked.
- You can use any kind of pasta,though i prefer whole wheat rotini or farfalle as suppose to penne or elbow.I feel that veggie mix clings better to the twisted shapes.
- You can add any grilled meat/shrimp to it.
- I coarse blend the artichokes and sun dried tomatoes,so my kids don’t pick out the veggies.I am very generous with sun dried tomatoes 🙂
- My choice of vegetable have been asparagus,zucchini and broccoli.You can pick and choose yours.
- I love to sprinkle the salad with feta cheese on mine,my family is not too fond of it 🙂 .I think shaved Parmesan and couple of toasted pine nuts would be great.
This is one of the favorite dish of my daughter .Did you notice,it is pasta 🙂
(Serves 4-7 depending on if served as main dish or side dish)
1 Lb Rotini
1 (14 Oz)can Artichokes in water
Heaping 2-3 tablespoon Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
1 small – medium head of Broccoli cut in small florets
1 bunch of asparagus (ends snipped and chopped)
1 onion thinly sliced
Salt per taste
Crumbled Feta Cheese,Toasted pine nuts, Cherry tomatoes
- Cook the pasta as per package direction.
- In a pan,add oil.Saute the sliced onion until translucent.
- Add asparagus,broccoli.
- Meanwhile in a blender, coarse puree the artichokes and sun dried tomatoes.
- Add the puree to veggie mixture.
- Season it and stir it well.
- Add cooked pasta to it.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toasted pine nuts if you like.
You can make it a day in advance and refrigerate.It keeps well and can be served at room temperature.