What did you have for breakfast this morning?
I had quinoa granola parfait 🙂
This past saturday,i whipped up a batch of granola after much procrastination.I had quinoa (kee-n-wah) sitting in my pantry and i wanted to include that.I whipped up batch taking inspiration from twopeasandtheirpod .
Quinoa is superfood,very old to civilaztion.It looks like bird seeds,doesn’t it?
- Granola is basically a mixture of some healthy grains ,nuts and sweetener(if you like ) of your choice.It could be made as clusters,bar or just handful of mix.
- I had oats and quinoa as main grain ingredients.
- Used honey as sweetner.
- Nut wise,i used raw pumpkin seeds,walnuts and blanched almonds.You can add nuts of your choice.
- Usually granola tend to have resins,dry cranberries,dry fruits like that.I am not a fan of chewing on it,so i left it out.You shouldn’t)
How do i like to eat granola?
- You can just snack on the mixture,which i do very often.My daugther LOVES it.I pack in a bag when i am on go to snack in the car.Though if it is chunkier,snacking is easier.Check out my cluster granola.You can add quinoa to it.
- I would love to have it with some poached apple or pear with drizzle of honey.
- To assemble a parfait(‘t’ is silent),simply layer your bowl or cup with spoonful(or more) of granola with yogurt .Top it with some cut fruits.I had strawberry and blueberries.Sprinkle some granola on the top.You can repeat the same in couple of layer if you like.Easy ,isn’t it?