My daughter had asked for Strawberry shortcake birthday party.So i thought,wouldn’t it be cool to have a drink to go along with it?Something which is reminiscent of characters. Strawberry shortcake have such fun and yummy characters name that i always start craving the goodies as i read the book.I was looking for really easy drink.I settled on Raspberry Limeade in the honor of the Raspberry Tart.Little bit more work(i know that is oxymoron) then i wanted to put in but good thing was i can do it advance.
Word of caution for anyone who is attempting to make it,buy already squeezed out lime juice.Or,if you want to squeeze your own,then use limes not Key limes and if you have kids in tow,then buy the limes first.Why?When i go to grocery store,my kids insist that i get the cart which has steering wheels.I oblige those request because then they have more patience with me and i have more sanity.You get the idea.Problem is,those car tends to be small since that fancy -shmancy car like seats take space and fills up quick (from my grocery anyway).
So by the time,i remembered the limes,my cart was on the verge of over flowing,my kids were tired and i was flying by the aisles,i didn’t see where the lime juice was and picking up limes individually would have taken time,so i grabbed a bag of key limes.Let me tell you juicing out nearly 1 lb of key lime is not something your hand muscles will be thankful for.So save yourself some work.
I settled on this Raspberry Limeade recipe. I nearly doubled the recipe such as
- 2 liter of Club Soda
- 2 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 2(6 Oz Raspberry)
- 1 cup of key lime juice(i didn’t double this,i thought it will be too tart)
- I obviously left out the garnishing part.No time for that.Besides i didn’t think sprig of mint was impressive enough for my guests.
- I mashed the raspberry to the mixture as it cooked and strained it using the strainer.Didn’t had patience to let it sit and steep until cool.
- I let the juice come to the room temperature and froze it in Ziploc,night before the party.
- On the party day,i added club soda to the frozen Raspberry Syrup in a big bowl.
- I felt adding ice will water down the taste,so i had refrigerated the club soda as well.Everything was cold.