Schiacciata Alla Fiorentina
I can’t even say the name of this dessert right,so i call it Italian Orange cake.On the night before big party,i have food dilemmas,like
- Do I have enough food?This is pretty standard,all time dilemma i face if i am hosting any party.So most often i try to err in more side.You get the idea.
- Will they(guests) like it?I tend to try new things often in my kitchen and parties are not any different.My husband can’t find any logical reasoning,why must I try something which I have not made before for the party?3 out of 4 dessert i tried,were my first time making for this party.Luckily it wasn’t the fiasco that i was afraid of.It is not that I try to be adventurous before party but sometime party food gets drab for me.So I tend to tweak the things.
Do you brainstorm question like this,night before party?
Before I went to bed that night,I had strawberry shortcake cake going for our girl and Brownie creamcheese cupacakes for our boy.Morning came and I woke up earlier then usual,straight to the kitchen and just thought….hmmm..our little boy really likes big cake ..and next thing you know is,i put a batch of this orange cake in oven….The reason I like this cake is because
- It is very light and fluffy cake unlike traditional cakes.
- It has fruity Orange fragrance to it.
- It does not have butter in it but vegetable oil.
- It is Yellow,for yellow tonka truck
- It does not requires icing just the powder sugar.Our kids have started to not like the icing..it may be just a phase or something,they are going through,however i would be perfectly fine if they do not like icing for the rest of their lives..just saying..
- ..and most importantly it is so easy.
..Looking at the smile at his face and him saying,’Look,my cake is big’…it was so worth it.
I have always followed the recipe as it says for this dessert but i don’t see why orange can’t be substituted with other fruit juice.One simple thing to add,i don’t know why recipe calls for 360F,i bake it at 350F just fine.