Shrimp and Broccoli
By this time,you must have gotten an idea that we are big on shrimp in our house,next only to chicken.So to break the chicken rut,i wanted to try something different.Since our meat choices are very limited(really 1-may be 2),i decided on shrimp.Quick cook.I noticed broccoli when i was taking the shrimp out.
My husband loves shrimp with Broccoli from one of our favourite Chinese restaurant.
- I think of Broccoli as green cousin of cauliflower.Certainly it took getting used to in my part,we didn’t had them growing up.So i am still partial towards cauliflower.
- Broccoli,they serve in restaurant is crunchy,not mushy,which my husband and I don’t mind.But for home,i cooked it little more.Our 3 year old boy is big on Broccoli.
- Soy sauce is salty,so taste before you add more salt.
- I do not throw the Broccoli stem.It has lots of good stuff.I snip the bottom 2 inches,which are hard and use the rest.I added that in fried rice.
- I served this dish with Fried rice,which is best prepared with day old rice.Since i am not that much of menu planner,i didn’t had leftover rice.So i took the hot rice out in a plate ,spread it out and stick in a freezer for couple of minutes.It works fine.