Recently we read a story of identical “The Five Chinese Brothers’.It is one of the most popular folk tale of China.As you may have read,each Chinese brothers had unique gifts.First one can swallow the sea,second one had iron neck,third one can not be burn,fourth one can stretch and stretch and fifth one can hold his breath indefinitely.Now you can guess that the first one was fisherman…
Story above may have just inspired me to make potstickers or the fact that my husband and i both LOVE it so much and so are our kiddos now..or my friend’s Ethel’s Jiaozi were so tempting to look at it,i decided to give a try taking her lead..I followed the recipe for filling here.
- I didn’t had chives,so i used scallions.
- I pan crisped and froze half of it.
- I didn’t fold the edges like traditional pot stickers,i crimped it up close with forks.
- We didn’t care for water chestnuts,as i had the feeling.So next time,it is not making it to the potstickers or it is hiding inconspicuously.
- My dipping sauce was very simply,Soya sauce,splash of Black Vinegar and drizzle of Sesame Oil.Trust me,you really do not want to leave sesame oil out.It not only gives that authentic Chinese aroma to the dish,it absolutely brings the sauce to next level of amazing-ness(Is that a word?).