Sundried tomato Shrimp Scampi
One of my husband’s favorite thing to eat is shrimp.He prefers shrimp over chicken if we are eating out.Since it cooks so quick,it is perfect for busy weeknight meal.Shrimp is also very light,so i find it great for summer.Frozen shrimp is my freezer staple for all the more reason.
So yesterday,when i wanted quick dinner i decided on shrimp scampi.However i love the taste of sun dried tomatoes.It gives such depth to the dish,so i added it to the scampi and so the name !
- I prefer olive oil over the butter.Of course,butter will take this dish to the next level.
- I used water but white wine would be my favorite choice of liquid to deglaze with.
- Do not add water until shrimp is brown,it will prevent it from browning.You need very little water, just enough to scrap up the bits quickly without overcooking the shrimp.Another way to do it is,take the browned shrimp out in a bowl and deglaze the pan then pour the reduced liquid back over the shrimp.I was lazy to do this extra step.
- I didn’t sprinkle the finished dish with parsley as normally the case is.Not a fan of parsley.Also forgot the lemon juice.
- When shrimp is turning pink and curling like a letter ‘C’ it means it is done.Overcooking the shrimp will render it chewy and rubbery.Not very tasteful.