Sweet Coconut balls
Couple of months ago,my sister prepared ‘nariyal laddu’ ,in a traditional way,by condensing the milk for long hour.I am pretty sure it tasted terrific.However i wasn’t going to stir and condense the milk.So when she visited me,i thought this is a right time to experiment the shortest and easiest way to make those yummy ‘nariyal’ (coconut in hindi) laddu’.I am sure my mom will agree that these sweet and sticky balls tastes just the same.
- If you can grate the fresh coconut,it will take the dish to another level.I have the fresh coconut sitting but just haven’t gotten around grating it yet.
- You can use unsweetened shredded coconut,i found only sweetened in the baking aisle.
- Adjust the amount of sugar per your taste,coconut is naturally sweet and so does the condensed milk.
- Do not skip the cardamom pods,it gives sweet fragrance to the dish.Cardamom is quintessential Indian spice for dessert.You can substitute it with Vanilla beans,if you can’t find Cardamom.
- You can add chopped blanched silvered almonds and cashews to it if you like.I just wasn’t in a mood to do that one extra step.