Twice Baked Potato
I like play dates.Fun time for kids to get rowdy with less then regular parental intervention and great time for moms to catch up.My sister was visiting us with her little boy to spend some time with us this summer.I do not wanted the play date opportunity to pass by.It was a way for me to introduce my sister to my friends in this part of the world.
We even managed to sneak in bit of gospel.Thank you Child Training Bible for being good conversation point.I encourage every parents to have this.BEST and ONLY parenting tool you will ever need.You will grow along with your children in your understanding of the plan God have for you.I can’t say enough how much i LOVE it.
So how does twice baked potato fit in here?
Well,gals gotta eat.Talking goes better with full belly.My plan was to make baked potato and let everyone add topping of their choice because it required least effort in my part.Then i thought, twice baked potato makes for better blog post then plain baked potato.Also it was my first time baking it,so i was looking for ‘cuye’ as my friend Rebekah says it in Peruvian 🙂
- I think baked potato tastes better with friends.Feasting on starchy goodness collectively and not guilt-ing about it.
- I baked more potatoes then what we needed for using it later.Used only the ingredients for what we needed at that time.
- I kept 1 tablespoon of butter per person.Each half of baked potato per person.
- I placed each potato at salt bottom before baking.It prevents the bottom of potato skin from crisping it.Tip from the chef Michael Chiarello.
- Pricking the potato is necessary,it helps steam to escape without rupturing the potato skin.
- I was impatient in scooping out the potatoes,so i did not wait and totally broke the potato skins.So do not be like me when you are doing it.I can preach.
- I keep scallions chopped and frozen.Tip i got from my friend Stacey.So when i need it,i defrost it and squeeze the water out before adding to the dish.Fresh is desirable.If you are going to refrigerate your baked potatoes,do not add scallions until you are ready to bake.
- You can use seasoning salt,dry ranch dressing,chives as some other alternate taste enhancer,if you like.