Whole Wheat carrot cupcake
Do you know what is the perk of living in consistent 90F-100F weather?
You get to enjoy the pool longer.
Yesterday we were invited to informal kick off for upcoming small group reading with a pool party. Hot Dogs, sausages, watermelon, chips,veggie tray and assortment of dessert were the part of the deliciously wet party.We had trouble getting up this morning for the school after all that fun we had last evening 🙂
I had been thinking of making carrot cake for ages,so during my last grocery trip,i had bought some carrots.I thought this will be a great time to make these cupcakes,i can use some taste testers :-)My husband cringe at the thought of making something new for the group of people,but i am ALWAYS the first taste tester and he is the second one, with plan B of chips and salsa,if testing fails !
I decided on this recipe with minor adaptations.Since it was eaten quickly by us and friends,i would give it a green light for future !
- It asks for applesauce which would have been my choice but my applesauce were frozen,so i increased the amount of sugar by 1/4 cup.Cupcakes were very mildly sweet.We like it that way.
- I did not had ground cardamom and cloves,i keep them whole.So i just ground 3 cloves and 5-6 cardamom in mortar pestle to get the powder.Cupcakes had sweet and spicy fragrant,very much like carrot cake.
- I was concerned about the olive oil /grapeseed oil smell in cupcakes ,so i just used regular vegetable oil.
- Would have loved to add flax seeds but didn’t had in hand.
- Turbinado sugar works fine.